Classes and conferences remain remote
Highlights from the past 3 years
2020 (Nov) - Mike receives AHA Innovative Project Award (2 years of funding from 2021-2022)
2020 - Scientific meetings all go virtual (EB 2020, 2021, ASN 2020)
2020 (May) - Bailey graduates (virtually) and leaves the lab (and Pitt) amid the pandemic lockdown. Good luck Bailey, hopefully 2021 is better!
2019 (Dec) - Nejla leaves the lab and joins Ally O'Donnell's lab in Biological Sciences (you will be missed Nejla)
2019 (Nov) - Mike presents and Corinne attends ASN meeting in Washington, DC
2019 (Oct) - Mike presents at ENaC/Aldo meeting in Estes Park, CO
2019 (July) - Gradute Student Corinne Farrell joins the lab.
2019 (Jan) - Visiting Associate Professor Kelly Weixel takes a sabbatical in the lab
2019 (April) - Kaylee Williams acccepted into the Genetic Counseling Graduate Program at Pitt (Congrats, much deserved!)
2018 (Sept) - Bailey Cramer joins the lab
2018 (June) - Mike promoted with tenure
- Virtual meetings all!
- New Postdoc position to open in 2021. Start reaching out now if you want more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A) Current funding
1) NIH: R01 (DK102843) 2015-2021. Role of microRNAs in kidney sodium regulation. PI
2) NIH: R01 (GM122091) 2017-2021. Altered Biosynthesis and Function of ABCC6 in Systemic Mineralization Disorders. Co-I (PI: P.Thibodeau)
3) AHA: Innovative Project Award (20IPA35340007) 01/2021-12/2022. Monitoring microRNA function in living cells. PI
4) NIH: R01 (DK102843) 05/2021-04/2026. Role of microRNAs in kidney sodium regulation. PI
5) NIH (T32) (DK091202) 2020-2025. Research Training in Pediatric Nephrology (Training Faculty. PI Bates).
6) NIH (T32) (DK061296) 2019-2024. Renal and Epithelial Biology Training Program. (Training Faculty. PI Kleyman)
7) NIH (T32) (GM133353) 2020-2025. Interinstitutional Program in Cell and Molecular Biology (Training Faculty. PI Murray, Linstedt, Brodsky).